The Extraction Technician will be responsible for assisting in product processing and formulation. The Extraction Technician completes tasks assigned by the Extraction Manager to monitor and maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production areas as well as to maintain quality control measures. This position is responsible for assisting with lab production, which includes but is not limited to distillation, extraction, winterization, production of cannabis infused products, compliance requirements, and workplace safety.
• Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Must be able to follow written directions and maintain a laboratory notebook.
• Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
• Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate and record results.
• Understand and meet daily goals.
• Work as part of a team to meet production schedules.
• Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production lines and collecting samples for analysis.
• Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
• Records data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers and management.
• Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
• Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
• Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs.
• Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must be approved to receive an Agent badge.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
• Associate or 4-year degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics .
• Prior Laboratory experience.
• Prior Cannabis Lab / Manufacturing experience
About Careers in Cannabis
Welcome to the Careers in Cannabis network.
By creating your Careers in Cannabis X Profile™, you take the first step towards finding your next job opportunity – and career step – in the fast-growing cannabis industry.
Built from the ground up for the industry, the Careers in Cannabis platform is designed to make the process of finding your next gig intuitive. Through our matching technology, you can easily assess your personal fit for various skills and roles across the cannabis industry.
Your profile provides immediate access to good local job openings, and you will be notified of new job openings immediately as companies post to CareersinCannabis.com.
You’re harvesting the power of X Profile™ to find your fit and your future gig.
Equal opportunity employer
Careers in Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law