At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Canopy Growth is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Associate to join the team. This individual will ensure compliance with applicable legislation while promoting best practices across all Canopy sites. The ideal candidate is familiar with Cannabis Regulations and has superb communication skills that allows for effective liaison with multiple departments.
- Ensuring products comply with the Canadian Cannabis Regulations, Act, and associated policies with the federal government
- Prepares and compiles regulatory submissions, responds to regulatory agency questions, inspections reports, and other correspondence
- Provides support and input to problems requiring analysis and to developing regulatory strategies for internal colleagues
- Assists with planning and conducting regulatory activities for assigned projects/products, monitoring progress against set timelines and takes action as necessary to minimize delays and anticipate difficulties
- Reviews and approves labels, marketing and promotional material to ensure regulatory compliance
- Reviews documentation to assure regulatory compliance for international and domestic commercial sales
- Assists in development of best practices for Regulatory Affairs processes within all Canopy Growth sites
- Other duties as assigned
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Pharmacology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or other life sciences, or extensive experience and related training in regulatory affairs
- Post-Graduate Regulatory Certification or RAC(CAN) preferred
- 1-3 years experience in regulatory affairs working within the Canadian regulatory affairs jurisdiction
- Previous knowledge and experience in any of the following regulatory frameworks should be noted, and highlighted: Cannabis Regulations, Natural Health Product Regulations, Hemp Regulations, Food and Drug Regulations, and Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations, Tobacco and Vaping Products Act, and associated Acts
- Proven ability to adhere to standards/procedures and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in a Quality Management System
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft® Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and handle fluctuating workloads
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), well organized, problem-solving and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with other departments to achieve objectives
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience working with the Cannabis Regulations and/or the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
This is a temporary role based out of Smiths Falls, Ottawa or Toronto.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Show more Show less