The CompanyAt Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Sr. Franchise Manager reports to the Director of Corporate and Franchise Stores and is responsible for overseeing the Tokyo Smoke and Tweed franchise business, supported by the field team. The role of the field team is to ensure that each of our franchise stores provide best in class operations and guest experience while maintaining brand standards across all Ontario and Saskatchewan locations. The Sr. Franchise Manager will be a key member of the retail team, helping to drive store performance through ongoing coaching and support to the field teams and as a senior contact for the development partner operations teams and franchisees. This position will work cross functionally to ensure that the company vision, values and culture are translated successfully to the franchise business, while building and rolling out strategic programs to support store growth.
The successful candidate is an excellent relationship builder. They have strong communication skills and are able to navigate complex organizations and relationships. They are detail and action oriented, with the ability to quickly identify trends and influence change.
- Key point of contact for day to day franchise business needs, responsible for ongoing franchise and development partner relations
- Oversee Field Managers, providing coaching and development opportunities
- Responsible for reporting weekly sales to cross functional teams, delivering key market and store level performance insights
- Responsible for delivering a monthly insight review deck and recommended strategies to improve store performance through the review of store performance audits and ongoing partner engagement
- Addressing non-compliance with brand standards
- Actively seek partner feedback to deliver back to internal teams for ongoing process improvement
- Responsible for managing partner / store escalations
- Oversees fast paced NSO workback and associated tasks
- Identify trends to determine system improvement and implement change
- Working closely with internal stakeholders across multiple departments to develop new systems and tools to support the growth and optimization of the partner business including but not limited to marketing, operations, training, communications, VM, store design, IT, compliance and health and safety
- Driving the implementation of new system standards through hands on support to the field team
- Ensuring the successful implementation of retail marketing campaigns and delivering key insights for future growth and optimization
- Works in partnership with CGC sales team to develop meaningful programs that align with contractual obligations and support sales growth
- Motivate partners by maintaining and embodying company culture
- Responding to queries (phone, email and in-person) from licensees and development partners on operational and compliance related items
- Building relationships and communication channels between the various stakeholder groups including:
- Retail organization
- Franchise Operations
- Franchise Working Group
- Franchise Committee
- Understanding the interdependencies across the wider organization of distinct stakeholder goals
- Working with development partner teams to support the execution of defined KPIs, metrics, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Visit stores on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited 4-year University (MBA preferred but not required)
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in a leadership role focusing on store operations and franchise management
- Demonstrated experience leading transformational activities within a service operations environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and thrive in that environment
- Knowledge of lean / six-sigma or similar methodologies would be considered beneficial
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.