At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Security Specialist is responsible for discharging relevant security duties in the facility and for ensuring the overall safety and security of the facility, its occupants, inventory and data. We are looking for an individual who possesses a positive attitude, team mentality, and eager to learn. You will have to adapt well to an evolving environment, demonstrate reliability, follow safety and quality standards.
• Discharge security duties and tasks pursuant to relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs), Company Policies and direction from Site Security Manager.
• Act as the primary point of contact for all access control issues
• Provide support with access of Visitors and Contractors ensuring they are receiving proper access levels, badges where applicable
• Maintain security access records database
• Action where applicable all security incident reports in a timely manner
• Camera checks to ensure all cameras online and viewable
• Responsible for security access and video footage review
• Ensure proper functionality of security devices via regular auditing
• Assist the Site Security Manager with internal loss and theft investigations. Ensure all loss/theft reporting requirements are met, for both the Quality Management System and Cannabis Regulations
• Monitor/Manage alarm responses and initiate supporting documentation, including alarm investigations
• Monitor to ensure the secure perimeter is kept clean and unobstructed by material or overgrowth, which will reduce the amount of alarms
• Operate Company’s intrusion detection and visual surveillance system pursuant to SOPs and as directed by the Site Security Manager.
• Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and/or 6 months of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• 6 months experience in related field
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of the Cannabis Act and related regulations
• High attention to detail
• Hold a valid Ontario Security Guard License (if not, must be willing to obtain within 3 months)
• Must provide recent police record check (within 6 months)
• Must be willing to work weekends and provide flexible coverage of leaves as required by Security Department
• Education in related field such as Law Enforcement, Law and Security or Police Foundations - an asset
This is a full-time role based out of Tiverton, ON.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks