Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada Req #3600
June 9, 2021
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Sanitation Technician will assist with the cleaning of Niagara facility. The candidate must be able to work independently, stand for long periods of time & prioritize accordingly.
- Follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Production Practices (GPP), & Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) regulations & guidelines
- Perform frontline sanitation of biohazardous materials including sterilization of areas affected by positive COVID-19 cases
- Maintain non-production spaces to high sanitation standards including all surfaces of changerooms/washrooms, meeting rooms, office spaces, lunchrooms, hallways, entrances, & vestibules
- Ensures adequate volume of footwear disinfectant for entering the growing areas
- Completes floor cleaning in all areas to ensure a minimum of contaminants
- Cleans windows & maintains the entry area daily according to cleaning schedule
- Empties wastebaskets
- Maintains the supplies of washroom items & ensure they are kept clean daily
- Maintains the kitchen supplies in all areas
- Ensures the loading dock area & product destruction areas are kept clean
- Picks up & delivers supplies & materials to rooms & maintains the main supply area for the office & growing areas
- Ensures adherence to safety rules & procedures
- Support cleaning of production rooms as required e.g., grow rooms, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Safely use cleaning chemicals by using PPE & following the SDS/MSDS & inhouse procedures (must be willing & able to receive WHMIS & Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification)
- Use Quality Management System (QMS) to log Health Canada monitored tasks
- WHMIS training & general Health & Safety protocols
- Use of cleaning agents & the safe storage of materials
- Ergonomic approach to work assignments
- Safe use of tools & electrical equipment
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 pounds (mop & bucket)
- Ability to work in a GMP compliant area wearing PPE such as Tyvek coverall, goggles
- Willing & able to work variable shifts
- Must be able to work safely in a high paced, fast changing environment
- Must be able to interact with all other departments at CGC in a respectful, professional, & productive manner
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to work at heights & perform overhead work
- Must be able to wear PPE, such as respirators, for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15kg
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ontario driver’s license required
- Highschool diploma required
This is a part-time role based out of Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.