At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Want to work at one of the first legal cannabis shops in the country? Who wouldn’t? We’re looking for the best of the best to join our retail teams at our up-and-coming shops across the country. Want a job where you can make money AND history? Who knows, maybe you’ll end up in a high school textbook someday. Oh yeah, and you won’t have to fold (just kidding you totally have to fold).
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
The Tweedtender will help Canopy Growth provide our customers with a superior experience through information, exceptional service and the highest quality cannabis. This position is responsible for all sales activity, remaining knowledgeable on products, assessing customer needs, helping, and maintaining selling floor presentations and stock.
• Welcome and assist all customers that visit the store
• Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
• Educate customers about why we do what we do and about our products
• Process payments with POS and computer systems
• Open and close the store accurately and on time
• Accurately re-stocking retail inventory
• Weighing and packaging products effectively and efficiently
• Staying up to date on offers and specials
• Responding to member inquiries with comprehensive knowledge and accuracy
• Receiving and documenting inventory accurately
• Processing and filing member paperwork with all provided information
• Maintaining sales goals on a daily and weekly basis
• Closing and completing all end of day reports and procedures
• Ensure store is clean and tidy
• Other duties as assigned
• Prevent cannabis sales to anyone under the age of 19, by reviewing government issued photo identification to validate permission to enter
• Assist in traffic flow management
• Protect company’s staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
• Foster a sense of teamwork will all team members
• Ensure the security of all company product s
• Adhere to and uphold Tweed’s Loss Prevention systems to prevent all possible opportunities
• Observe for signs of crime or disorder and communicate any disturbances.
• Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
• Report in detail any suspicious incidents
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous retail or customer service experience; cannabis sales experience preferred
• Be at least 19 years of age
• Polished professional with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Works well with others, alone and with little supervision
• Knowledge of/ability to learn about cannabis plants, strains, products
• Strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude and charisma
• Ensure a high level of customer interaction, suggestive selling and enthusiasm
• Energetic and highly determined
• Working knowledge of Medical and/or Retail Cannabis an asset
• Proficiency in MS office products and POS (cashier) systems
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be e who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks