Manufacturing Laboratory Technician (ER2)
Smiths Falls, ON, Canada Req #3361
June 10, 2021
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Working closely with the Extraction Supervisor and Extraction Manager the Manufacturing Laboratory Technician (ER2) will help accomplish set goals in the extraction process. You will need to work alongside the Canopy Management team in order to align with all required company policies and procedures.
- Train staff in best practices for service requests, inventory management and production planning
- Provide and maintain training for new staff to develop a strong diverse team
- Provide, maintain and enforce SOP training and compliance related practices
- Coach team to provide continuous workflow in a professional, team oriented manner with emphasis of quality goods in a fast-paced environment
- Train technicians on operating and troubleshooting equipment
- Ensure team is aware of and following work instructions, daily schedule and goals to be met and or exceeded within the expected time constraints and quality practices
- Develop professional and congenial rapport as liaison between your team, other teams associated with the group as well as management
- Report non-conformities to management team
- Report positive milestones to management team
- Identify opportunities to generate increased productivity and reduce waste/redundancies
- Ensure there is a DAH in each Extraction room at all times
- Maintain accurate inventory of equipment parts and consumable items, assist with ordering items and making equipment and material files
- Promote and ensure safety, including wearing PPE and regulatory compliance as well as proper and safe use of equipment
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives
- Ensure that sanitation of room and equipment and maintenance schedules are followed and documented
- Assist Extraction team members with daily tasks as required
- Calibration, qualification and maintenance of equipment involved in cannabis oil production
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediates and finished product
- Record and maintain accurate batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, the Cannabis Act and the former ACMPR
- Quality Control testing of in-process materials and finished product
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred Post Secondary education in the science field
- Experience performing tests, analyzing experimental data, and documenting results
- Experience in GLP, GMP, ISO 9001 or ISO 17025 environment
- Experience with supercritical CO2 extraction is considered an asset
- Experience in manufacturing of narcotics or precursors considered an asset
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred
Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to keep an accurate inventory in real-time
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize workload
- Good judgement
This is a 24-month Contract role based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.