The CompanyAt Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Canopy Growth is looking for a Manager, Global Site Operations. Reporting to the Director, Global IT Operations, this individual will be a strategic partner to the business and supports the business by ensuring a stable and reliable infrastructure at all of our sites in N. America, Latin America, Europe, and Australia. This role requires a proactive and eager mind to help drive the actions of rapidly responding to technical issues impacting end users and key business operations.
- Manages and coordinates workload and staffing globally and maintains the lowest possible backlog for aging incidents and service requests
- Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise; ensuring Root Cause Analysis is provided to management and logging of all incidents and problems for continuous improvement efforts
- Consistently manages areas of fiscal responsibility, contribute to budget definition
- Deploying infrastructure as part of the yearly Hardware Life Cycle Refresh program and installations for new sites, site expansions, site retrofits and site acquisition for all facilities globally
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Managing multiple, complex technologies, services, and project portfolio simultaneously
- Maintains and enforces IT policies, procedures, and other pertinent documentation that ensures the delivery of uniform services
- Identifying process gaps; defining, implementing and measuring efficacy of improvement plans
- Develops and presents metrics/status to executive leadership via dashboards, monthly statistics, operational reports; ensuring a tight monitoring and follow-up to meet target KPIs, SLAs, and end user performance metrics.
- Analyzes problem trends and gathers requirements from the business to assist in the continual improvement of the IT services
- Mentors and oversees the professional development for their team
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 - 7 years of Enterprise IT Operations Management experience, including implementation of ITIL best practices (Incident, Event, Capacity, Availability, Change, Configuration, and Knowledge Management)
- Experience with analysis, planning, and implementation of ITSM initiatives
- Proven experience in delivering high value reports, analysis, and process/technology recommendations to leadership
- Excellent troubleshooting and incident resolution skills
- High level of analytical and independent problem-solving abilities, self-direction
- Strong communication skills and technical writing skills
- Effective negotiation skills, able to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders with differing opinions
- Ability to provide technical support in a professional manner
- Ability to conduct research into technical issues and products as required
- Prior experience in participating in systems architecture and planning decisions
This is a full-time role based remotely in North America.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.