At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Human Resources Business Partner is a key position within KeyLeaf. Located in Saskatoon, SK this position will report directly to the HR Manager. The HR Business Partner is a driven, highly organized, outstanding communicator with the ability to multitask when priorities change. The successful candidate possesses excellent administrative and computer skills. This role includes working collaboratively with the HR team as well as client groups to ultimately support and coordinate human resources functions and initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is professional, business focused, calm under pressure, a multi-tasker, sees all sides of the situation and is comfortable asking the right questions to help support the business needs. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced environment, where change is part of the everyday.
• Provide day-to-day support to managers and employees on all HR related matters
• Serve as the first point of contact on all payroll, benefits, recruitment, and policy inquiries
• Assist and provide guidance to managers on employee relations issues (conflicts, disputes, performance management)
• Responsible for all end-to-end Recruiting activities for the site(s) and support our Employer Branding initiatives
• Works collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure best practices are being maintained to ensure a positive hiring manager and candidate experience
• Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends to drive departmental initiatives
• Identify, gather, and provide requirements to help with the development of HR policies, programs and initiatives and participate in implementation
• Coordinate the performance review process and ensure alignment with corporate initiatives
• Promoting Health and Safety by ensuring compliance in partnership with the management team
• Advising management and resolving employee relations issues in the day-to-day
• Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations, and provides recommendations for conflict/issue resolution
• Collaborating with operational leaders in the development of a more empowered and accountable culture with shared priorities
• Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
• Leading Human Resources projects
• Manage multiple priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years in Human Resources
• Experience working in a unionized environment
• Experience in Labour Relations
• Experience in Talent Acquisition
• Extensive knowledge of HR legislation and best practices in Saskatchewan
• Proficiency in MS office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
• Strong screening and interviewing skills including behavioural interview techniques
• Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
• Self starter
• Highly organized
• Strong attention to detail
• Results oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and management
• Ability to handle situations professionally with sensitivity, diplomacy, and tact
• Must be a team player
• Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset
• Knowledge of US labour laws (Illinois)
• Experience in Collective Bargaining an asset
This role is based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan with presence on-site with some flexibility to work remotely
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks