The CompanyAt Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the Director of Continuous Improvement. You will be supporting the site or sites, across Canada and potentially the US. You will be responsible for leading CI Initiatives throughout the organization, which align with Operational Excellence KPI’s as well as KPI alignment throughout the organization.
This person will Champion and act as SME on continuous improvement and business excellence projects related to CI improvement across all sites. Working closely with OE, Operations, Plant performance, Engineering leaders, you will lead process improvement projects; including design and execution of designated projects.
- Serve as the CI SME, and a point of contact with regards to Continuous Improvement
- Assemble CI teams as required to fulfill CI initiative execution
- Serve as the SME for Continuous Improvement including Lean, Six Sigma, PMI and tools
- Working with key partners, identify CI Initiatives for improvement and lead implementation strategies at the site(s)
- Support the Management Review and actions
- Lead on-site training delivery in functional area for lean, Six Sigma and business excellence
- Work with QA and other entities ensuring all related initiative documents are updated as required
- Work with other CI champions across all sites
- Provide Lean, Six Sigma training as required
- Prepare formal written report outs upon close of CI events and initiatives identifying key savings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Life Sciences
- 3 – 5 years of experience hands on experience leading CI, Lean or Six Sigma events
- Statistical analysis, Data analysis
- Strong computer skills
- Project Management experience
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time 12-month contract position based out of Smith Falls, ON. Some domestic travel will be required as part of this role.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.