The CompanyAt Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Automation Supervisor, the Automation & Controls Technician maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs automated manufacturing and packaging machines as well as monitors the BAS (Building Automation System). The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated manufacturing and packaging machines to ensure manufacturing systems operate at target capacities and efficiencies
- Provide technical support for instrumentation and controls systems such as;
- Large range of PLC logic platforms
- Safety circuits
- Relay Logic
- Building Automation Systems
- Complete startup/commissioning of various instrumentation.
- Use Quality Management System for document control.
- Follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Production Practices (GPP), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) regulations and guidelines
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs) in a highly regulated environment
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System for planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Monitor and respond to alarms for environmental conditions.
- Develop, propose, and execute continuous improvement projects to improve throughput and/or reduce operating costs
- Must be able to work varied shifts
- Must be able to work in a team and individually.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma from a certified post-secondary 2-year Technician or 3-year Technologist program
- 4 years work experience in a related industry required
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical equipment, sensors, small motors, instrumentation necessary
- Solid knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts required
- Programming and troubleshooting experience with programmable devices an asset
- OACETT membership an asset
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.