At CannaPiece, we believe that each employee is a key factor in our success, to help patients and our communities. We are proud of what we do and are excited to be expanding our team.
You would be joining a growing and exciting industry in which we plan to play a significant role. Regardless of which division of our group that you work for, you are part of the entire team, and your contribution will be a key factor for our overall success. We have built business units to cover what we feel is the entire continuum of care needed to be the best at what we do.
Our group of companies has been built on the philosophy of helping others and supporting the people and communities who have built and maintain the strength of our industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our talented team and be part of a challenging and rewarding experience at CannaPiece.
Job Title: Production Manager, Finished Goods
Location: Pickering, ON
Working hours: 4:00 PM - Midnight
About the Role:
The Production Manager of Finished Goods is responsible for carrying the management of the Finished Goods team. The ideal candidate has experience providing leadership and direction in order to achieve production targets. A successful candidate will be efficient, detail oriented, and able to manage their time effectively. We’re looking for a talented and well-rounded individual to support our mission and have a big impact in this high growth industry. As the leader of our Finished Goods Team, you will ensure we are supporting our production teams. You will oversee and analyze the entire cycle of the product in order to increase efficiencies. You are responsible for ensuring adequate inventory levels for cannabis production across multiple shifts.
- Supervise production activities of employees, ensuring close adherence to production schedule
- Participate in scheduling activities with other members of the Operations group
- Provide leadership to team members and develop personnel for further growth
- Adhere to and uphold all occupational health and safety regulations and Company policies
- Ensure compliance with GMP guidelines and SOPs, maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Ensure all processes are followed according to prescribed SOPs while also identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Understand, uphold, and revise as necessary all SOPs and related forms to GMP standards
- Ensure all required documentation is completed by all responsible parties using good documentation practices
- Ensure production meets CannaPiece quality standard. Resolve quality issues with Quality Assurance Department
- Foster a culture of teamwork and accountability through motivational coaching and setting clear expectations/goals
- Play a leading role in employee management such as attendance and performance management, safety audits and meetings, shift meetings and shift scheduling
- Review and approve daily/weekly hours of work for all direct reports
- Provide leadership, coaching mentoring and training while managing employee performance
- Optimize labour utilization and productivity output to meet the goals of the department
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate timely and continuous improvements and respectful working relationships
- Follow and uphold strict cleaning and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to production schedule.
- Comply and uphold all relevant legislation surrounding cannabis production
- Ensure key efficiency expectations are met for the assigned department
- Participate in and/or lead Non-Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience in cannabis production and extraction facility or equivalent
- 5+ years’ relevant management/leadership experiences in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Proven leader with the ability to develop an inclusive culture and manage a team across multiple processes and areas
- Previous experience in cannabis industry an asset
- Computer literacy in working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent accuracy, record keeping and documentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Knowledge of all departmental tasks and be willing to be trained in other areas
- Knowledge of; Good Production Practices (GPP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Health Canada Regulations, 5S, Six Sigma, and TPM
- Flexible to work off shift hours
What we offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- A grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector.
CannaPiece is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Accommodation is available to support job applicants with accessibility needs in all parts of the hiring process as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
We go above and beyond with complying to COVID-19 protocols to ensure the workplace is as safe as can be (Pre-screening conducted before start of every shift including temperature checks, sanitation crew constantly sanitizing, extra HVAC systems installed
- Production Management: 1 year (preferred)