Our client, a vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, processing, and provisioning in the Detroit area is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager that is responsible for leading the Company’s technical accounting to ensure compliance with US and Canada regulatory authorities. Additionally, responsible for providing technical support to the Finance team and work with all stakeholders across the company on SEC reporting matters as well as audit requirements and processes including compliance.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule! Please apply for immediate consideration. Great opportunity to join the cannabis industry!
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on complex accounting treatments
• Prepare memorandums on complex accounting and reporting topics specifically a subject expert in the majority, if not all, of ASC 480, ASC 350 and entirety of ASC 800 series
• Find solutions to complex reporting topics
• Facilitate and document results of Purchase Price Accounting (“PPAs”) and other valuations with consulted 3rd parties
• Assist the Director, Financial Reporting with the execution of ongoing external reporting requirements, including but not limited to annual and quarterly financial statements, earnings releases, and MD&A
• Draft MD&A and financial statement footnotes
• Implement new accounting policies in accordance with GAAP
• Prepare supporting documentation for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages 10k and10Q
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Over 6-8 years' of public accounting experience
• CPA required
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
• Familiarity with Netsuite and/or Microsoft preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
• Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
COMPENSATION: Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100