Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company near Taylor, PA is looking for a Cannabis Infused Products Manager to join their growing team.
The Infused Product Manager leads the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the department. This role is responsible for cannabis infused products synthesis, which includes but is not limited to formulation, emulsification blending, unit production, and production of cannabis-infused products.
The Infused Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Manufacturing and have a consistent impact across the organization - advancing the mission of customer service, product development, and brand growth through.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
• Provide effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of, and alignment to the Company’s vision, mission, and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
• Responsible for managing the daily activities of cannabis infused products production within production laboratory facilities and operations.
• Be an effective leader who understands modern (21st century) business practices applicable to the global marketplace.
• Possess a thorough and honest understanding of the cannabis moment, including passion for cannabis science, and application of same.
• Practice authentic and excellent interpersonal skills, with an unrehearsed ability to understand and manage human affairs.
• Positively respond to the team's questions, concerns and suggestions and takes immediate action as necessary to effectively resolve conflicts.
• Deliberately and consciously practice professionalism, and righteous transformational initiatives.
• Have a thirst for continuous learning.
• Versed in planning, organizing, assigning, and coordinating the activities and resources of the department.
• Robust understanding and application of basic scientific principles as well as production laboratory operations.
• Ability to follow written instruction and maintain a laboratory notebook as well as production records and production logs.
• Develops, maintains, and implements standard operating procedures for all cannabis infused products and techniques developed.
• Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any / all relevant machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
• Sets up, operates, and maintains production laboratory equipment, monitors experiments, makes observations, calculates mathematically and records results.
• Knowledge of manufacturing analytical testing, (which includes but is not limited to, HPLC, GC, ICP MS, UV / VIS, IR, Moisture Analysis, Particle Size Analysis, Microbial Testing);
and monitors product disposition against these test results to support quality of infused products synthesized.
• Develops and implements research and development procedures, programs, and techniques to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on potential new products.
• Works collaboratively with product development towards innovative formulations that meet both patient and company guidelines for effectiveness, cost, and stability;
must be able to take formulations from lab scale to full production.
• Ability to adapt to and implement new methods and techniques for operational and product improvement, technical development, and new product development.
• Manage inventory and ensure the seed-to-sale system is properly maintained.
• Maintain clean and sanitary laboratories and work environments including but not limited to all equipment, work-stations, document controls and common areas.
• Responsible for preventative maintenance and keeping all equipment operational.
• Assist with compliance, including the creation of batch production records, and product labels specific to the state of Pennsylvania, and in accordance with company standards.
• Stay current on scientific and associated, literature and legislation in the cannabis industry, following cannabis research, industry trends and education.
• Partner collaboratively with other department managers including but not limited to, extraction, refinement, processing, packaging, facilities, security, cultivation, quality and compliance.
• Partner with management to develop, document, and keep current Standard Operating Procedures for production sequences and formulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Formulation Chemistry, Biochemistry, Manufacturing, Food Science, Engineering, and / or similar scientific field;
and / or at least 2 years’ experience in cannabis manufacturing or 5+ years managing professional laboratory environment.
• Demonstrated strategic experience in overseeing all aspects of professional production laboratory environments including managing a production team with diversity, equipment handling, production operations, processing, implementation, coordinating supplies, and maintaining equipment.
• Must be 21 years of age at time of hire.
• Valid State driver’s license or State ID card.
• A minimum of 3 years supervisory and / or managerial experience leading a large diverse team of professionals.
• Knowledge and experience related to producing CPG or medical marijuana products this includes but is not limited to : creating consumables, extraction techniques and routes of administration.
• Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges, 21st century industrial competences, and wisdom.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality; reliability, trustworthiness and honesty.
• Ability to remain calm in potential periods of high stress or unusual activity.
• Proficiency in mathematics is an absolute requirement for all operations.
• Proficient knowledge of the chemistry related to all manufacturing operations.
• Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in manufacturing operations required.
• Extensive knowledge of extraction and chemical processing techniques.
• Ability to listen well and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with various audiences.
• Knowledge and ability to use standard production laboratory equipment; filling equipment, vacuum ovens, hot plates, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel with a strong attention to detail.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
• Frequent sitting and walking
• Occasionally Twist / bend / stoop / squat, kneel / crawl
• Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required.
Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
• Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
• Good manual dexterity for the use of office equipment and manual tools.
Compensation : $70k to $85k annually
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
The benefit packages may include : Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Last updated : 2022-04-25