We’re a new kind of cannabis company, aiming higher in everything we do.
We grow and sell the highest-quality cannabis products available anywhere, inspiring wellness and wonder in our customers, wherever they are on their cannabis journey
We operate with a sense of responsibility to our customers and patients, building stronger and more socially responsible communities everywhere we go.
The ideal candidate is an analytical, detail-oriented individual who will help oversee the analysis of financial results for our operation. You will not only be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of our accounting department, but often creating the best practices.
This is a very hands-on role, that will support all areas of the business, and our senior leadership team.
Manages and coordinates activities and operations of the accounting department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops, implements, and monitors systems for general accounting.
• Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends economic objectives and policies to management.
• Prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties.
• Coordinates preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts.
• Manages monthly accounting close cycle; prepares month-end financial statement.
• Reviews and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
• Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
• Analyzes, reviews, and audits overall general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems.
• Creates and implements an annual department strategic plan.
• Coordinates year-end audits.
• Maintains and manages department budget.
• Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops accounts payable staff; manages schedules and workflow.
• Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
• Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in accounting or finance or equivalent.
3 to 8 years related experience or equivalent preferred