Our retail Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The ASM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the SM and company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Associate Support:
• Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
• Support SM and team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
• Support SM and all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
• Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
• Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
• Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high-volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
• Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
• Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
Daily Store Operations:
• Maintain store compliance with all local, provincial and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork.
• Assist Provincial and Law Enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits is needed.
• Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
• Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
• Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
• Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
• Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
• Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
• Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements of an ASM:
• Reporting and Information Management: must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and
• 4+ years of management experience in retail.
• Ability to obtain CannSell prior to start date
• Sound knowledge of Cannabis plants and different strains of Cannabis
• Knowledge of standards of Cannabis Retail stores set by AGCO.
• Achievement-oriented and hard working
• Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
• Organized, flexible, and empathetic
• Detail-oriented and proactive
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Strong communicator who can present ideas clearly
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative, an extremely positive attitude
• Knowledgeable about the cannabis industry and its policies and laws
• Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends