About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Head Grower to join our client who is based in Quebec, the Head Grower will be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and improving of the culture program ensuring successful crops in production through to harvest in a safe environment.
• Coordinate production schedule including, communicating changes due to plant needs.
• Ensure Production Schedules are suitable to Plant needs and are attainable from an Agronomic view.
• Responsible for review and revisions of all SOP’s related to production.
• Ensure all direct reports are trained and in compliance with all relevant SOP’s, Best practices, and Fertigation.
• Monitor and document plant development and communicate the crop status and roadblocks weekly with the senior management team of the facility.
• Monitor, oversee and control the environment and fertigation using Damatex.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and compliant workplace.
• Keep the Best Practice Document accurate.
• Ensure compliance under GPP regulations.
• Provide /propose operational improvements related to Plant Health.
• Work in collaboration with the Processing, Maintenance, Quality, Marketing, Supply and Demand, Finance Department to meet the demand at cost.
• Must have Degree, Diploma or Higher in Horticulture/Agronomy
• 10 years work experience in Large scale crop production
• Experience in Floriculture or management of multiple crop rotations
• Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not necessary
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Must be able to pass security background check
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time