We are a full-service cannabis testing lab offering state-mandated testing services to California’s cannabis distributors, cultivators, and manufacturers to ensure safety and accurate labeling of products for medical and recreational use.
The Microbiologist is a key position responsible for the design, execution, and oversight of the laboratory samples requiring microbial pathogen screening.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform sample preparation and analysis of cannabis and cannabis products for the detection of Salmonella, Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC), and Aspergillus species using DNA-based screening.
· Perform plating techniques for the detection of viable yeast and mold.
· Execute method validation in accordance with ISO 17025 requirements.
· Review raw and QA/QC data ensuring it meets established criteria and upload final results into the LIMS using GLP.
· Submit non-conforming work to the Corrective Action/Preventative Action workflow.
· Work with the Lab Director to prepare and review SOPs and other controlled documentation.
· Take inventory of supplies and create orders for supplies needed.
· Work with a team of scientists in a fast-paced environment to design and implement analytical strategies.
· Prepare technical reports.
Additional Duties May Include:
· Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant field and demonstrated technical proficiency, method development, and validation experience with PCR and plating assays
· Experience in a regulated environment (ISO 17025, GLP, or GMP)
· High-level understanding and adherence to sterile/aseptic technique
· Experience writing SOPs
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in a cannabis or environmental testing lab
· Experience with DNA-based pathogen screening and detection
· Experience with LIMS
· Experience with METRC
Please send resume and cover letter and indicate date available to start working.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour
Work Location: One location