The Director, Finance, reporting to the VP, Finance will be responsible for providing strategic leadership across all aspects of the corporate and accounting operations.
This position is a hybrid role that will require working a few days each week out of our Support office located in downtown Vancouver.
BZAM Cannabis is as awesome as it sounds! Approved by Health Canada, we are a multi-licensed Canadian cannabis producer that stands for quality, innovation and integrity. We focus on people first by offering an inclusive work environment that values diverse perspectives and empowers people to action their ideas and reach their full potential.
We are a growing company with many internal opportunities for career advancement. We operate facilities in the Lower Mainland, West Kootenay and Vancouver Island in British Columbia, and our sister companies operate facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, as well as retail stores in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. With accomplished teams in leadership, cultivation, manufacturing and retail, our focus on revolutionizing the cannabis space is the cornerstone of our business.
- Provide strategic direction across all aspects of the corporate and accounting operations, which may include journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting
- Execute on financial strategies by implementing plans for the finance department in the short and long-term
- Establish a system of controls and monitor day-to-day transactions while conducting full cycle accounting including the completion of timely financial statement preparations, financial reporting, entries onto the GL, schedules and audit working papers for year-end and quarterly financials
- Prepare and complete the month-end reconciliation processes
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analyses as required by senior management, as required
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of approximately 10 individuals
- Complete other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with banks and lenders as well as key internal stakeholders
- Expertise in accounting, financial principles and governance (e.g., IFRS, GAAP etc.)
- Experience managing a high-performing team
- Previous experience in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration strongly preferred
- CPA Designation required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Group Benefits*
- Health Care Spending Account*
- RRSP Matching Program and TFSA options*
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
• Eligible employees
BZAM Cannabis is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Show more Show less