The Accounts Receivable Specialist will report into the Accounts Receivable Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the billing operations and processes to ensure collection of account balances.
This position is hybrid and will work 2-3 days per week at the Downtown Vancouver office. The remainder of the days will be worked remotely.
BZAM Cannabis is as awesome as it sounds! Approved by Health Canada, we are a multi-licensed Canadian cannabis producer that stands for quality, innovation and integrity. We focus on people first by offering an inclusive work environment that values diverse perspectives and empowers people to action their ideas and reach their full potential.
We are a growing company with many internal opportunities for career advancement. We operate facilities in the Lower Mainland, West Kootenay and Vancouver Island in British Columbia, and our sister companies operate facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, as well as retail stores in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. With accomplished teams in leadership, cultivation, manufacturing and retail, our focus on revolutionizing the cannabis space is the cornerstone of our business.
• Verify, create invoices, and email them to the appropriate customers;
• Follow up on collection calls and emails to ensure compliance with commitments as made by customers;
• Maintain accounting ledgers by accurately posting account transactions and reviewing the GL to ensure accuracy;
• Prepare weekly cash reports, post credit memos, assist with client dispute resolution and process adjustments;
• Deliver accurate and timely monthly statements of account to customers;
• Initiate and screen customer credit applications, including review of new customer accounts for GL account, credit terms, and tax code accuracy;
• Perform daily reconciliation of invoices in accounting system, including updating and maintaining customer and supplier profiles;
• Track accounts receivable records to ensure all discrepancies are identified and addressed within appropriate time frames;
• Complete other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Excel
• 1-2 years of prior experience in an Accounts Receivable role
• Minimum of a high school diploma
You are organized, with a keen eye for detail.
You enjoy meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
You are an enthusiastic team player, eager to learn new things!
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Compensation
• Extended Health and Dental Group Benefits*
• Health Care Spending Account*
• RRSP Matching Program and TFSA options*
• Rapid growth and advancement potential
• Learning and development opportunities
• Dynamic and innovative environment
• Exceptional culture
• Eligible employees
BZAM Cannabis is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply