About the Company
We are a leading Canadian consumer packaged goods company in the cannabis products market, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Our focus is on developing, manufacturing, and distributing branded cannabis products that delight wellness and recreational consumers. Our vision is to be a leader in branded cannabis products that deliver on our consumer promise of quality, safety, and efficacy.
Based out of Auxly Toronto, we are currently looking for a Manager, Contract Manufacturing to join our Supply Chain team. Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, the ideal candidate aspires to work in the growing cannabis field with an award-winning team! The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic initiatives with Contract Manufacturers, ensuring that manufacturing performance, quality goals, and cost objectives are met or exceeded.
What can you expect to do
• Embody Auxly’s business mission and strategy and act in a responsible ethical and honest behaviour while consistently leading by example
• Manage the relationship with contract manufacturers with a solutions-based approach, ensuring efficient and cost-effective goals are met
• Ensure contract manufacturers products meet Auxly’s quality, safety and regulatory compliance standards
• Drive cost improvement, overseeing budget variances and identify root cause for any discrepancies
• Identify cost gaps with contract manufacturers, consistently improving margins and consistency
• Coordinate with Supply Chain, Quality and other internal departments to drive cross-functional collaboration and excellence
• Strategically negotiate contracts, amendments and renewals
• Identify new contract manufacturing opportunities to support additional capacity and Innovation strategy
• Strong contract management skills to ensure potential contract manufacturers comply with Auxly’s standards and controls
• Strong negotiation and organizational skills needed to manage contract manufacturer relationships
What we are looking for
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, Manufacturing
• 5+ years experience in management of CPG manufacturing or contract manufacturing; strong preference for Food & Beverage industry
• Demonstrated experience evaluating and improving manufacturing performance and managing contract manufacturing relationships
• Previous experience leading complex and strategic negotiations
• Excellent costing knowledge needed to calculate the cost of product and the impact on cost due to any changes in cost parameters set in the contract agreement.
What will set you apart
• Organization and time management skills to manage multiple prioritise and projects at the same time
• Co-ordination skills with both internal and external parties
• Focus on safety related to both product quality and facility operations
• Production and Capacity management experience to ensure Auxly can meet market demand on time
• Hands-on experience of production process and team management experience
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation