Aurora is a global leader in the cannabis industry serving both the medical and consumer markets. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Aurora is a pioneer in global cannabis dedicated to helping people improve their lives. The Company's brand portfolio includes Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71, Daily Special, AltaVie, MedReleaf, CanniMed, Whistler, and Reliva CBD. Providing customers with innovative, high-quality cannabis products, Aurora's brands continue to break through as industry leaders in the medical, performance, wellness and recreational markets wherever they are launched.
PROJECT MANAGER, ENGINEERING
Reporting to the Director, Engineering the Project Manager, Engineering to work with our Project Management team on various construction and equipment projects. The incumbent will ensure best practices in project management including schedule creation, budget creation and adherence and clear communication. The ideal candidate will have experience in a manufacturing environment and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Plan, execute, and manage a variety of projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure that they are completed on budget and on schedule.
• Develops and manages a project management plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project.
• Develops project contractual documentation (User Requirement Specification, Project Charter) to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements), necessary to complete the project within the defined timeline.
• Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
• Coordinates internal and external resource plan.
• Organizes and conducts meetings with project staff, stakeholders and management to communicate information related to each function's needs concerning project requirements.
• Develops and manages stakeholder relationship and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
• Takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations, changes in scope or external factors.
• Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project resources.
• Confers with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed expectation.
• Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors.
• Oversees financial and service aspects of contracts (purchase order and invoice review).
• Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
• Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issues from arising.
• Implements and monitors safety programs.
• Actively and proactively engage in the ongoing management and improvement of Aurora's quality and project management systems.
• Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
• Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
• Strong communication skills; verbal and written
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Excellent people and leadership skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Robust project management skill set
• Problem solving and analysis
• Strategic thinking
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of construction project management experience in the manufacturing, food production or healthcare industry
• Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), materials management, contract management, subcontract management, safety and quality. Track records of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
• Experience managing projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment.
• Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language.
• Professional engineering (P. Eng) designation would be considered an asset.
• PMP designation or equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of the emerging cannabis industry would be considered an asset.
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know