TEAM MEMBER, MANUFACTURING (TANIS PRODUCTION DEPT)
Job location: Bradford, ON
Employment type: Full Time Employment
Hours: 40 Hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you!
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is currently looking for a Manufacturing Team Member, Tanis Dept. to work with our production team in the fast-paced cannabis industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for manufacturing a range of gummy products.
As a TEAM MEMBER, MANUFACTURING (TANIS PRODUCTION DEPT), you will….
• Assistance in set up of production equipment
• Manufacturing of edible and ingestible extracts including molding, filling and curing
• Manufacturing of input materials
• Assisting in packaging a high volume of finished product in a fast-paced environment
• Ensure that proper sanitation is maintained for all production equipment and tools including workspaces, processing equipment, containers, and appliances.
• Quality control and good practice of documentation and validation of processes
• Understand, and follow all SOPs and related forms to GMP standards
• Comply with all Food Safety standards and procedures
• Maintain steady and effective communication with Coordinator and Supervisor; escalate concerns appropriately
• Be a steward of Aurora’s Values in Play, an ambassador for our company, our products and our clients
• Other duties as assigned
You would be the best fit for this role if you have…
• Knowledge of culinary or food manufacturing is valued
• Commitment to health and safety
• Strong work ethic and time management skills, highly motivated and enjoys a challenge
• Detail conscious and result oriented
• High level of professionalism, integrity and ethics
• Willing and able to learn new skills and concepts quickly
• Enjoys repetitive work
• Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving and analysis
• Strategic thinking
Bonus points if you have…
• Previous experience in a culinary position within a manufacturing environment
• Must be able to wear Proper PPE (jump suits, safety glasses, hair nets, etc.)
• Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment
• Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
• Demonstrated ability to operate material-handling equipment
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Reliable, passionate, and organized
• Ability to meet deadlines and ensure department goals are achieved
• Accurately follow instructions, complete forms and paperwork as required
• Knowledge or basic understanding of GMP standards is considered an asset
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required to support operational requirements
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
• Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
• Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
• Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
• Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
• Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
• Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process