WHY JOIN US :
- Competitive Afternoon Premium
- Fast-paced environment with a great team
- Extended Health Benefits
- Annual Personal / Health Spending account
- Annual Medical Cannabis Coverage
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Group RRSP and DPSP Plan
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Professional Developmental Opportunities
- Paid Training and Education programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Straight shifts
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participate in the continuous scouting and monitoring of the crop for health, pest and diseases.
- Release biological control agents (BCA’s) as part of the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
- Communicate and escalate all issues with the crop and / or the production process to all the relevant parties as required
- Participate in cultivation related activities such as pruning, defoliating, crop maintenance, harvesting and cycle turnover as required
- Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora's SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Cannabis Act. In addition, must adhere to all ISO requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements
- Other duties as required
OTHER ACTIVITIES :
Recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and product loss
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Physical effort is required, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 30 lbs.
- Temperatures range from 20 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius
- Able to perform cleaning and crop maintenance duties while working on a step ladder
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and after hours as required
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists and forearms
- This position involves significant exposure to cannabis / plant materials, and it is therefore not likely suitable for an employee that may suffer from allergies to cannabis / plant pollen material, or experience other medical issues, such as asthma and hay fever, as a result of cannabis / plant material exposure
- Grower Pesticide Safety Course completed would be an asset
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Health Canada security clearance is an asset
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora.
If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps.
You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities.
If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know