Aurora is a global leader in the cannabis industry serving both the medical and consumer markets. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Aurora is a pioneer in global cannabis dedicated to helping people improve their lives. The Company's brand portfolio includes Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71, Daily Special, AltaVie, MedReleaf, CanniMed, Whistler, and Reliva CBD. Providing customers with innovative, high-quality cannabis products, Aurora's brands continue to break through as industry leaders in the medical, performance, wellness and recreational markets wherever they are launched.
SAMPLE LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive, inspect and log samples in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) according to established procedures;
• Ensure that client request details are correct and entered in a timely and accurate manner;
• Communicate internally to ensure clarity regarding sample types and volumes;
• Communicate with external clients to ensure clarity regarding reporting timelines and other information;
• Sort, distribute and inventory samples;
• Perform sample destruction activities;
• Assist lab personnel in sample preparation including sample weighing and labeling;
• Perform basic laboratory duties including balance and pipette verification and physical chemistry tests such as appearance, disintegration, anisidine, peroxide, water activity and loss on drying;
• Organize and clean laboratory glassware and other equipment;
• Perform administration duties including answering phone calls, assisting contractors and vendors and receiving supplies;
• Create and maintain sample logistics documentation;
• Train and supervise staff;
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment;
• Other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• BSc or Diploma in Chemistry or related discipline;
• 1+ year experience in an analytical laboratory;
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication in English;
• Experience and aptitude for data entry skills;
• Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office;
• Experience with LIMS or other data entry system is an asset;
• May be required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds;
• Energetic personality who can work independently in a multi-tasking fast-paced environment;
• Willing to work flexible hours.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know