Project Manager, Quality – Eastern Canada
Location: Bradford, Ontario
The Project Manager, Quality – Eastern Canada, will report to the Director, Quality Assurance – Eastern Canada and will lead, manage and execute quality project deliverables that are critical to the success of the growth of Aurora Cannabis. This position will work collaboratively across the entire organization and stakeholder groups to ensure quality objectives are met as part of product quality, safety, and customer satisfaction while ensuring risk mitigation and business objectives are met.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the delivery of key quality projects across Eastern Canada.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and ensure compliance to all quality goals while managing projects.
• Create detailed work plans and reports to ensure project metrics are met. Work cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders to ensure understanding and ownership of deliverables, while communicating with the quality department to ensure quality objectives are met.
• Ensure project plans and execution are in line with the corporate quality objectives.
• Represent QA expectations and requirements of the ERP systems including new site set up and design, as well as user roles and accessibility.
• Write project charters, mitigation plans as part of the project requiring Quality support.
• Project plans and/or participate in certifications, accreditations for the East undergoing GMP, and other certifications to ensure non-conformances are completed.
• Develops quality assurance plans by conducting risk assessments, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
• Manage or resolve any issues that may arise between deliverables, projects, or functional groups.
• Assist in the organization, tracking, and analysis of business cases relating to quality overseeing the product performance and product lifecycle.
• Develop a process to manage, monitor, and provide project process so that corrective action can be taken.
• Support the quality department across Eastern Canada and collaborate with Western Canada Project Manager to lead and develop best practice Quality initiatives for Aurora Cannabis and subsidiary locations.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and/or college diploma in science, laboratory science, pharmaceuticals, or engineering.
• 3+ years’ experience in product/project management in a leadership position.
• 3+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/laboratory experience in a leadership position.
• Knowledge and experience to demonstrate competency in quality management programs such as Health Canada’s Cannabis Regulations, GUI-0001, and the EU GMP.
• Experience working in a highly complex pharmaceutical and/or laboratory environment.
• Project Management software experience (MS Project etc.)
• Experience managing and overseeing projects and people.
• Require Strong scientific writing skills
• Ability to multitask a varied workload of complex projects with competing interests.
• Creative thinker who take the initiative and are capable of building, launching, and managing projects/programs that drive results.
• Problem solver with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
• Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward.
• Ability to travel to facilities throughout Eastern Canada as required.
• PMP certification even though not required, is considered an asset.
We would like to thank all applications for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know