QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE
Location: Markham, ON
- Ensure completeness of documentation by reviewing all documentation is GMP/GDP compliant
- Submit samples for analytical testing as outlined in SOPs.
- Obtain representative samples from shipments of received materials (RM, PM, FPB, FP) in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure all appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Maintain retained samples in a designated room and maintain accurate retained sample inventories.
- Assist with complaint investigation and root cause analysis
- Prepare monthly reports
- Review and maintain completed batch records.
- Maintain all QC records, in accordance with Aurora’s SOPs.
- Perform in-process QC checks during production events.
- Participate in internal ISO, GMP and safety audits.
- Assist in conducting internal quality audits.
- Participate in regulatory audits (Health Canada, other regulatory bodies, etc.)
- Ensure the timely completion of all preventive and corrective actions necessary to resolve any non-conformance issues that may have been highlighted as a result of the audits.
- Ensure product is moving through product lifecycle in the facility in a linear manner, as per Aurora’s SOPs.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all aspects of the business
- Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora's SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Cannabis Act. In addition, must adhere to all ISO requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
- Maintain GMP, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- Assist in training staff for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in a related scientific field.
- A minimum of two to five years of quality assurance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to communicate with the department supervisors and workers to insure seamless and transparent evaluation of in-process data and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency to prioritize activities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Capability to maintain both physical and mental fitness and alertness.
- Position requires ability to work at various levels of height and move freely and independently throughout all areas and levels of the building (including climbing stairs) to work in areas of production, labs, offices and others as required.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Job Type: Full-time