Aurora's mission to define the future of cannabis globally relies on hiring best in class individuals to work in its fast-paced and innovative environment. To find the best talent, we offer competitive pay and benefits including bonuses, savings plans, flexible benefit plans, health spending or personal spending accounts and industry-leading medical cannabis coverage.
From our vision to give people better days with access to medical cannabis, to our work in the communities in which we operate, to our volunteer days for employees, Aurora believes in being a socially responsible organization and that starts with our employees.
Aurora is proud to foster a diverse and inclusive culture across its global operations.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to doing business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment Team know.
PROPAGATION TEAM MEMBER
• Perform variety of duties including, but not limited to trimming cannabis plants, visually verifying plant health and conditions, planting and transporting plants and ensuring plants are maintained and healthy.
• Apply appropriate nutrients and/or biologicals as directed by Shift Lead.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and related GMP standards at all times.
• Complete all required documentation and records as required.
• Clean and sanitize work stations and areas daily; participate in weekly and monthly scheduled cleans which may involve the use of cleaning chemical solutions, mops, brooms and other cleaning equipment.
• Follow all safety standards and protocols; report safety incidents and concerns in a timely manner.
• Maintain proper communication with Shift Leads regarding plant health and concerns.
• Other duties as assigned.
• One (1) to two (2) years experience working in the cannabis industry, Greenhouse industry or plant health industry.
• A diploma or degree in horticulture, plant sciences or related disciplines.
• Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment in considered an asset.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time; must be comfortable working in humid, hot, bright areas for extended periods of time.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and attention to detail is required.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Ability to work weekends is required; evening work may be required to support operational requirements.
• Knowledge or basic understanding of GMP standards.
• This position involves significant exposure to cannabis/plant materials, and it is therefore not likely suitable for an employee that may suffer from allergies to cannabis/plant pollen material, or experience other medical issues, such as asthma and hay fever, as a result of cannabis/plant material exposure