Manager, Quality Projects
Job Location: Remote - Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time permanent employment
Hours: 40 hours per week
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We are a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Quality Projects, the Manager, Quality Projects is responsible for leading, managing, and executing quality projects to drive key strategic initiatives for the Global Quality Organization in alignment with Aurora Cannabis Inc.’s quality strategy to achieve the best service standards and outcomes for patients, consumers, and the company.
• Lead and manage the delivery of key quality projects to support implementation of the global quality strategy, plans for quality improvement and related organization learning to strengthen and report on Quality Key Performance Indicators
• Execute continuous improvement project initiatives that impact the Quality Key Performance Indicators, including, but not limited to, initiatives for training and procedural harmonization
• Obtain requirements, evaluate and determine objectives, goals, and the scope of complex projects.
• Lead initiatives to apply best practices to the operational sites
• Manage and ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope
• Work cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders to ensure understanding and ownership of deliverables
• Manage or resolve any issues that may arise between deliverables, projects, or functional groups
• Participate in quality risk management initiatives
• Partner with other functional areas to establish and cultivate the Quality Culture at the sites
• Be able to be on-site at the facilities to support the Quality team(s) throughout the projects for successful project execution, as required
• Other duties as required
• A Bachelor’s Degree and/or college diploma in Engineering, Science, Technical discipline, or related field
• 3+ years of experience in an operational environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or consumer-packaged goods industry
• 3+ years of experience in a product/project management role
• PMP Designation and/or LEAN six-sigma certification is considered an asset
• Knowledge and experience in Quality Management Systems
• Ability to multitask a varied workload of complex projects with competing interests
• Creative thinker who takes initiative and is capable of building, launching, and managing projects/programs that drive results
• Problem solver with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
• Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills, who builds relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
• Working knowledge of ERP systems is considered an asset
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to travel, as required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT AURORA
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
Total Rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski-trips or staycations.
benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-Long Learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and free snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic.
If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process