MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT / CMMS ADMINISTRATOR
Job location: Markham, ON
Employment type: Full-time Permanent Employment
Hours: 40 Hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we're Aurora Cannabis, and we're so excited to meet youWe're a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71 and Whistler.Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our "A-Team". We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLDand execute with PURPOSEin all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you
We're looking for an ambitious and hard-working professional to join our Maintenance team in the role of Maintenance Assistant / CMMS Administrator
In this role you will be Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Assistant / CMMS Administrator will be located Markham, ON, at our Ridge facility and will work as part of a multidisciplinary team including mechanical, electrical, and building infrastructure technicians supporting internal Propagation and Quality customers. The candidate should be familiar with manufacturing environment, be skilled in utilizing CMMS and equipment to meet production objectives and support healthy plant life. It is essential for the candidate to be organized, result oriented and have strong problem-solving skills. Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard. Be part of a team maintaining and operating a high-tech, automated, environmentally controlled greenhouse.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will.
• Conduct daily walk through to ensure all systems especially the mechanical components of the facility are functioning properly
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems
• Respond to emergencies
• Maintain an up-to-date list of company assets along with appropriate PM schedules.
• Permit advanced determination of labor resources needed and time required to complete each job, which aids the maintenance supervisor in measuring the performance of his/her personnel
• Provide cooperation in connection with each job to do work as prescribed by operations.
• Ensure schedule compliance for preventative maintenance
• Input WOs updates /details /feedback into CMMS to build up / maintain history of equipment performance and maintenance activities
• Provide a central source of information concerning preventive maintenance.
• Optimize manufacturing schedules, including coordination of work orders and assumed time frames to ensure sufficient product availability within several distinct markets
• Communicate expected availability and real-time delays to stakeholders while providing mitigation recommendations and shifts
• Other duties as required
You would be the best fit for this role if you have
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience with CMMS software such as FIIX, DIMO or SAP
• Broad knowledge and excellent understanding of a range common business functions and practices, including but not limited to maintenance management, inventory management, customer service, records management, policies and procedures, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities, and requirements
• Self-motivated and customer focused
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects
• Ability to think strategically, problem solve and make quick decisions
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel (advanced skills)
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
• Effective team player, approachable and supportive
• Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations Demonstrate regard for safety and knowledge of standards
• Willing to perform various support tasks
• Capable of lifting up to 50lbs independently
Bonus points if you have
• Experience working in a production facility with GMP standards.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Why you'll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here's how we do it
• Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
• Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
• Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and amedical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
• Life-long learning: we're lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
• Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
• Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do weApply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website.You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you're the ideal candidate but you don't meet all the requirements? Apply anywaysWe would love to review your application to see if you're the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity
Not the role for you? That's okay Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend If they are successful, you will receive a bonus)Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process