A little about us
Hi, we're Aurora Cannabis, and we're so excited to meet you
We're a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our "A-Team". We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG , act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you an experienced professional with a deep passion for health and safety? Do you have a natural talent for identifying risks, developing solutions, and optimizing the health and safety of others? If so, we have the perfect role for you
It's grow time and we're looking for a dynamic professional (like you) to plant their roots with us as our newest Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Specialist . In this role, you will support our east facility locations (Markham, Bradford, and Brampton DC) with nurturing a safe and healthy workplace. More specifically, you will report into the Director of HSE and collaborate with the team to develop, implement, and maintain our health and safety management system based on Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) while also supporting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives and environmental reporting. Sound exciting? Keep reading
As the HSE Specialist, you will
• Nurture a safe and healthy environment for our facilities by evaluating workplace hazards and opportunities, investigating accidents or incidents, and developing H&S practices and programs that define responsibilities and optimize the wellness of our community
• Administrate programs that educate employees on Occupational Health and Safety and ensure compliance with all legislation and regulations issued by government agencies
• Liaise with leadership to drive and strengthen safety culture by resolving concerns and identify opportunities for improvements towards safety programs
• Assist HR with the management of WSIB claims by ensuring timely completion of accident/injury reporting and modified duties are completed as prescribed
• Ensure workplace tools and equipment meet industry standards and are installed properly as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety legislation
• Review CAPA's for each of the facilities and ensure timely follow up and closure of assigned items
• Support the Corporate Social Responsibility Team's Environmental initiatives and reporting requirements
• Provide full cycle support to facilities by attending safety meetings, completing inspections, facilitating training, creating communications, conducting orientation meetings and project hazard assessments, developing site safety plans, and providing technical support for all health and safety matters
As an experienced professional, you will have
• Post-secondary education such as a Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we're ready to be convinced otherwise)
• A minimum of five years of experience in a Health and Safety role within a manufacturing, food processing or pharma environment
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of OHSA, environment guidelines, data analysis and risk assessments
• Strong understanding of Human and Organizational Behaviour, Safety Differently, Safety II, Psychological Safety and Emotional Intelligence (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint
Bonus points if you have
• A C.R.S.P (preferred) or a CHSC
• Experience with collecting GHG emissions data in support of carbon footprint
You're the perfect fit for the role because
• You are a kind individual with a deep passion for optimizing the health of others and nurturing a safe environment
• You have exceptional time management and thrive when managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• You are a natural communicator who can build relationships with all levels of the organization and operate with minimal supervision
• You have exceptional attention to detail equipped with the ability to spot an error a mile away and develop a solution quickly
• You are an energetic professional who demonstrates initiative and prioritizes the needs of internal and external clients
Why you'll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here's how we do it
• Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more
• Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
• Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team , that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
• Life-long learning: we're lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
• Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
• Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you're the ideal candidate but you don't meet all the requirements? Apply anyways We would love to review your application to see if you're the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend If they are successful, you will receive a bonus)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.