Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics team integrates data and develops modern reporting solutions, provides advanced analytics to all business units across the organization to generate insights and foster innovation.
As the Business Intelligence Data Analyst in this team, the successful candidate will possess very strong analytical skills and the proven ability to gather, view and analyze all forms of information in detail. You will work directly with the business stakeholders. The ideal incumbent will have excellent familiarity of data analysis processes and systems and outstanding interpersonal skills. Previous experience in Microsoft BI technology such as SQL Server, Power BI and Azure is required. The candidate will need to identify the business needs and requirements, process data from multiple sources, and deliver analytical results. You will be a key contributor who enables Aurora to make decisions by turning data into actionable insights.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player who is always able to deliver on time. Apply if you enjoy data and analytics, are innovative, love to advocate for change, and have the desire to develop strong working relationships with intelligent colleagues in a new and fast-growing international organization!
• Maintain strong relationships and work closely with stakeholders to identify business needs and provide recommendations for innovative analytical solutions
• Lead workshops and collaborate in small groups to gather information from business domain SMEs to identify business objectives, process workflows and requirements.
• Extract and merge data sets from multiple data sources. Perform data cleansing, transformation, exploration, analysis and visualization with Microsoft BI technologies.
• Build on-demand interactive reports using Microsoft Power BI and deploy your solutions to Power BI Service.
• Support day-to-day requests for data analysis such to support data driven decision making.
• Use your knowledge of Python and advanced analytics to conduct in-depth analytics and data mining to provide key insights.
• Act as a mentor to more junior team members and collaborate with other Data Analysts, Engineers and Scientists.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously while exhibiting professionalism to ensure an incredible stakeholder experience.
• A university degree or diploma in Computing Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative disciplines plus 5+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
• Very strong experience in database systems including data warehouses and multi-dimensional analytic solutions. Very strong experience working with various data types.
• Outstanding skills in Microsoft BI technologies with expert level knowledge of Power BI and SQL Server. Knowledge of Power Apps and Power Automate is a plus.
• Excellent SQL skills to write complex queries involving multiple tables and develop stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions.
• Proficiency in scripting and programming foundations. Knowledge of Python or R for statistical data analysis including manipulation of large datasets(Pandas, PySpark) and custom visual development(pyplot, seaborn, plotly).
• Practical experience with Databricks or Spark is a plus.
• Proven knowledge or certification related to using cloud platform and/or serverless architecture for data processing and analysis. Experience with Azure services such as ADF, ADL, Functions, ML Studio and Logic Apps is preferred.
• Experience with Google Analytics and eCommerce reporting
• Proven experience with execution of statistical tests such as A/B testing, ideally in marketing and eCommerce setup.
• Strong Agile project experience with proven ability to develop user stories and managing backlog(breaking up user stories into tasks and sizing them up).
• Demonstrated success with strategic analytical projects, working with various stakeholders across the business areas.
• Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines, workload, and multiple complex projects.
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and to keep up the latest trends in data analysis
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know