Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
At Aurora, the Irrigation Coordinator is a key player in our organization. Under the leadership and direction of the Irrigation Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s performance standards are met through various irrigation activities
WHY JOIN US:
• Competitive Afternoon Premium
• Fast-paced environment with a great team
• Extended Health Benefits
• Annual Personal/Health Spending account
• Annual Medical Cannabis Coverage
• Group RRSP and DPSP Plan
• Annual Performance Bonus
• Professional Developmental Opportunities
• Paid Training and Education programs
• $500 Employee Referral Bonus
• Straight shifts
• Coordinate activities in all areas of operating irrigation systems and grow room management
• Coordinate both automatic and manual irrigation events
• Strive to achieve continuous improvement of crop quality
• Scouting for pest and diseases and reporting issues with plant health
• Mixing nutrients according to guidelines/policies.
• Receiving nutrients as outlined in SOP.
• Documenting nutrient usage and maintenance logs
• Weekly meetings with flower department to schedule crop maintenance
• Regularly partake in sanitation and cleaning events & applications of pest control products.
• Communicate with other departments to ensure timely & effective operations, including facility maintenance.
• Train, coach, manage and empower production staff.
• Provide fair and balanced performance feedback to staff on a regular basis to encourage and motivate a positive workforce.
• Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
• Encourage employee involvement to achieve shared organizational objectives.
• Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
• Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
• Maintain and promote a safe work environment
• Recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and product loss.
• Position details and activities may change from time to time in order to meet operational needs.
• Other duties as required
• Physical effort is required, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 55 lbs.
• Temperatures range from 18 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and after hours as required.
• Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms.
• Comfortable working with step ladders (i.e. two step ladder/single sided step ladder).
• This position involves significant exposure to cannabis/plant materials, and it is therefore not likely suitable for an employee that may suffer from allergies to cannabis/plant pollen material, or experience other medical issues, such as asthma and hay fever, because of cannabis/plant material exposure.
• Shifts: Seven days a week operation requiring weekend work. Although workers are not required to work seven days a week, you will need to be flexible to cover weekend and evening shifts.
• Knowledge of irrigation systems and irrigation equipment is an asset
• Previous greenhouse experience is preferred
• Understanding of plant propagation/cultivation principles and practices
• Previous supervisory experience is preferred
• Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture is preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to achieve objectives.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate to excellent computer skills in MS Office
• Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
• Mechanically inclined and able to work with tools
• Experience using climate/irrigation control systems (Priva, Argus, or Hoogendoorn) is an asset
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Job Segment: Horticulture, Agricultural, Medical, Social Media, Quality Manager, Agriculture, Healthcare, Marketing, Quality