Job Title: Manager, Financial Reporting
Department: Finance and Administration
Supervisor: Vice President of Finance and Administration and / or Chief Financial Officer
General Job Description:
The Manager, Financial Reporting will be a key member of the financial team, under the direction of the VP of Finance, will be responsible for managing and supporting a variety of functions within the accounting and finance department. These include financial reporting, consolidations, internal controls review and analysis; while collaborating with the financial cross-functional team on maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems for the Company. While abiding by Company policies, International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") and following the Cannabis Act and its Regulations; the Finance Reporting Manager will work with the accounting and finance team to achieve financial performance objectives, meeting budgetary and filing requirements, and ultimately improving AgMedica's long-term financial position.
• Adhere to AgMedica's Standard Operating Procedures ("SOP") to ensure efficiencies and accuracy in all financial and administrative activities;
• Carry out corporate accounting functions for the parent Company and / or subsidiary entities;
• Develop, implement and evaluate corporate financial systems, assist in creating financial strategies that are aligned to overall enterprise direction;
• Report on the Company's financial operations and advise on corporate financial planning, structure and accounting operations responsibilities;
• Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance, projections and other special projects to Senior Management and Board of Directors as required;
• Work with VP of Finance and the Accounting and Finance Team to prepare and monitor short and long-term financial forecasts for use with internal executive management and external parties;
• Prepare and lead audit functions, coordinate activities with external audit firms;
• Assist in the evaluation of and accounting / consolidation for mergers and acquisitions;
• Lead in the consolidation of the various entities that roll-up into AgMedica's consolidated financial reporting package;
• Lead the preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual financial reporting package to each operating unit of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures;
• Coordinate and work with Senior Finance team on finance activities across various departments and internationally;
• Developing strategies, objectives, plans and tactics required to develop, implement and maintain strong governance and internal control effectiveness as it relates to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting ("ICFR");
• Participating in the development and monitoring of ICFR for effective risk management, ensuring the implementation and process roll-out achieves its objectives while the results are high quality and valued by the business; [AY3] [KM4]
• Assist in the development, documentation and testing surrounding Internal Controls to allow the Company's officers to fulfill their National Instrument 52-109F1 reporting obligations;
• Working with the business and support areas to identify, document, assess and test internal controls;
• Monitoring and reporting on the design and operating effectiveness of controls, progress and resolution of control deficiencies relating to ICFR;
• Recommending changes in a dynamic environment with effectively communication and acting as a change agent to promote, encourage and implement changes;
• Providing guidance and recommendations on risk management and internal controls to Management on corporate, process re-design and IT modernization initiatives as well as ongoing operations to facilitate a strong internal control environment, optimize controls and adopt best practices;
• Presenting reports to senior management to assist them in assessing the effectiveness of the ICFR and fulfilling their corporate governance including presentation of financial statements and appropriate analysis of financial results;
• Utilizing ERP system, deliver accurate financial reporting in an efficient and timely manner;
• Work with Finance team in developing, implementing and maintaining finance policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting and other corporate policies;
• Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and pertinent International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Canadian Securities Administrators rules and regulations including C-SOX compliance (Bill 198);
• Ensures compliance with federal, provincial and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises senior management of actions and potential risks;
• Assist in the preparation of public documents, including interim and annual financial statements, management discussion and analysis ("MD&A"), in addition to the Annual Report and Annual Information Circular;
• Work with senior management and a diverse cross-functional team. Employ professional and clear communication practices to maintain a positive and progressive atmosphere across departments;
• Other duties as assigned;
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Post Secondary in Business Administration: Masters in Business Administration or CPA designation required.
• 3-7 years experience in a financial role, preference to individuals with public company, growth stage company and/or merger and acquisitions experience.
• Experience in a financial role with a proven track record of achievement in Good Manufacturing Practice ("GMP") facilities is considered an asset.
• Experience with consolidations and mergers and acquisition is an asset.
• Experience with Scientific Research and Experimental Development ("SR&ED") is an asset.
• Strong IT knowledge and skills, including superior use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Working in-house at the Company's offices is preferred; however, at times may require travel to other geographical offices in order to complete the duties of the role.
• Work regular hours; but may be required to work evenings and on weekends, sometimes at short notice, especially in times of need for AgMedica.
Process information to be shared with stakeholders, including financial accounting and reporting; cost accounting; capital management; and tax strategy, planning and compliance.
Using knowledge of the organization and the organization's business environment to turn reported data into insight, including strategy, process and project management, and macroeconomic analysis.
Passion for accomplishing tasks and an appreciation for details. Continued belief in process improvement with the ability to analytically problem solve, finding resolutions to difficult situations as they occur.
AgMedica seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and indigenous peoples).
AgMedica will provide mandatory and/or specific training to personnel holding positions that require such training or certification in order to be compliant and successful within their roles.