NEW STORE OPENING Ascend Wellness Holdings (AWH) of Wayne, PA is looking to hire Security Agents.
We offer great perks, including flexible schedules, 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for Full-Time staff, a generous employee discount and swag. If this sounds like the right retail opportunity with a cannabis dispensary for you, APPLY TODAY
The Security Agent at Ascends primary responsibilities are but are not limited to the following. Retail cannabis sales are highly regulated and must operate in a safe and secure environment in full compliance with all regulatory requirements. In addition to the criteria listed below, security agents are required to pass a comprehensive background check to qualify for a Registered Marijuana Establishment Agent Card issued by the Cannabis Control Commission. Industry-specific and company policy training will be provided. This position currently reports to the General Manager when hired.
• Maintain internal and perimeter security
• Inspect and patrol premises regularly
• Monitor all access and egress points on the property
• Authorize entrance of people and vehicles
• Monitor surveillance cameras
• Respond to alarms in a timely and effective manner
• Be the Emergency Response point of contact for local police, fire, EMT
• Provide assistance to people in need
• Submit daily surveillance reports
• Report any suspicious behaviors or activities and submit reports regarding
• A High School Diploma is required. A degree from a two or four-year college or university; or comparable life experience, is strongly preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in security or a similar role
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must pass any and all required background checks
• Must be and remain compliant with any and all regulatory requirements for working in the cannabis industry
• Must be able to obtain and retain a Registered Agent Card issued by the MA Cannabis Control Commission
• Must have great interpersonal skills and be able to communicate clearly and calmly
• Must have excellent observation and report writing skills
• Must be a good critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work independently and as part of team
• Must have good time management skills
• Experience with surveillance systems preferred
• Training in First Aid and/or CPR certification preferred
• Must have excellent organization and time management skills
• Must be focused and pay close attention to detail
• Must be able to internalize training and follow instructions consistently
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and grow with the company.
• Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds. This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
• This role requires the ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ascend Wellness Holdings (AWH) is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and provisioning center operator with assets in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis industry through a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience. We are looking to build a world-class team that will help carry out our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. We are committed to improving the quality of our patient's lives by offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs. When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness by a highly knowledgeable Team. Combined with Customer Service, our Cultivation will offer unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we continuously expand.
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nothing in this job specification restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship