AWH is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor, and dispensary operator with assets in Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis organization through providing a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience and producing quality and mindfully created cannabis products. Our goal is to build a world class team that will continue our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis and bettering our customers life with cannabis. How will we achieve this? By offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
OVERVIEW: This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the maintenance organization and all equipment, inclusive of production and facility. This individual would be proficient in all things maintenance related, including but not limited to HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and coordinate plant maintenance strategy and tactics
• Monitor and enforce quality, safety standards, policies, procedures, and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
• Monitor and enforce associate compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, etc.) relating to maintenance operations
• Implement and develop maintenance asset management process.
• Ensure all assigned maintenance activities are being performed safely and according to plant and corporate safety standards and policies.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment including PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, ventilation systems and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, and distribution.
• Assist in preparing plant capital plans and cost estimates for projects
• Coordinate installation and startup of equipment as required.
• Coordinate equipment shutdowns with production
• Maintain all facilities equipment Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems, and infrastructure throughout site to ensure efficient operation and productivity targets.
• Manage facility vendors, service agreements, repair schedules to keep operation running with proactive systems maintenance; develop preventive maintenance schedule and integrate with site function.
• This position is responsible supervisory of a team of 12-15.
• Treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
• Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Observes and adheres to regulatory, safety and security procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING:
• Must be 21 years of age or older. Must be able to pass background check
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associates degree or higher in horticulture, plant and soil sciences, or relevant agricultural experience or scientific experience related to cultivation of medicinal cannabis preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Business Administration, Production/Operations Management)
• 10+ years' experience in an industrial maintenance environment, with 5+ years in a leadership role
• Experience managing budgets, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data
• Knowledgeable regarding Industrial maintenance processes (e.g., preventative maintenance, material handling equipment, power equipment, facilities upkeep) to include project management
• The position must occasionally lift, push, pull and or move up to 25 While performing the duties of this job, this position is regularly required to sit and regularly use hand(s) to handle, grasp, feel, and or touch. This position is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position is regularly required bend, stretch, squat, climb, twist, lift, grip, stand, and push/pull.
• This position performs duties in a manufacturing/food safety setting.
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law