Aqualitas Inc. is a licensed medical cannabis producer, with our corporate Head Office located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, and our Production Facility located on the South Shore of Nova Scotia in the Region of Queens Municipality. We are committed to quality, sustainability, and balance; in our products, our operations, and our people.
GENERAL PRODUCTION WORKER – FULL-TIME
We are currently looking for General Production Workers for our Brooklyn, Queens Co. facility.
Your work will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining a sanitary and organized work environment;
- Assisting with all the tasks in your assigned area which may include but not be limited to cultivation (activities involving the living plant), sanitation (activities involving any cleaning or sterilizing procedures), packaging (activities related to packaging any form of cannabis product or assisting with packaging processes), or other production tasks as required;
- Line Clearance procedures: washing floors, ceilings, fogging the room; sanitizing equipment before it is returned to the room and documenting Line Clearance processes;
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Good Production Practices (GPP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP);
- Working safely by exercising due diligence and reporting any hazard to supervisor personnel;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience in a production environment.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Knowledge of cultivation, manufacturing, packaging or sanitation is preferred.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labour tasks required for employment in a commercial scale indoor growing facility.
- Knowledge of GMP and GPP is an asset.
- Ability to lift 50lbs; job requires lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and standing for extended periods of time
- Monitoring skills
- Health and security clearance
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to act independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy including thorough documentation abilities
- Ability to prioritize activities and adjust priorities on short notice
- Ability to work shift work
- Excellent comprehension, communication, and interpersonal skills
Location: Brooklyn, Queens Co, NS (Required)
Compensation: To be determined based on skills and experience
Status and Hours: Permanent, 40hrs per week
Closing Date: 21st September, 2021
Successful applicants must provide satisfactory background and reference checks.
Aqualitas welcomes and encourages diversity. Should you require an accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please let us know.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however, we will only be contacting those that best fit our requirements.