Are you looking for an exciting career in a thriving new industry that prides itself on innovation, professionalism, and collaboration? Here are Aphria inc. we are building one of the fastest growing and best cannabis companies in the World. Founded in 2014 we started with just 22,000 sq. feet of growing space, and have since grown to 2.2 Million. We believe that success is a joint-effort and our employees are our most valuable assets. Take your career to new heights with us and together we can continue to succeed!#WeHaveAGoodThingGrowing
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, The Technical Specialist is a subject matter expert to operate equipment for GMP & GPP products in Manufacturing. This position will be located at our Leamington ON. Facility and will be Monday-Friday 8-4:30PM with occasional Saturdays as needed.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Responsible for the Safety, Integrity, Strength, Purity and Quality (SISPQ) of GPP & GMP products
• Ensuring all documentation records are recorded accurately and timely for commercial production
• Must adhere to and follow SOPs set out for department functions
• Trials on new machinery
• Technical Specialist for packaging & processing equipment including, but not limited to bottling, bagging, labelling, assembly and weigh verification
• Ensures processing deadlines are adhered to
• Optimizing the processing equipment to ensure quality, yield and speed are optimal
• Masters various techniques for production & packaging machinery
• Ensures compliance with Provincial, Federal and International regulations and testing requirements; develops SOPs to ensure SISPQ and consistent processes
• Maintains cleanliness, safety and efficiency of the production area
• Ensures accurate weighing and inventory; all products are packaged, counted, sorted, and labeled accurately
• Develop and/or support quality and product safety training programs
• Design product specifications for all current and future finished products.
• Calibrate and audit all quality systems, documentation, results and testing to maintain compliance and consistency
• Must be a team player with ability to work & train team members in a lightning-fast-paced environment with multi-functional
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
• 5-10 years of managing production & packaging equipment
• GPP and/or GMP experience is an asset
• Post secondary technical diploma or certificate
• Experience training and mentoring a production team . Understanding of TWI is an asset
• Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to recognize and respond to changing trends and priorities
• Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment
• Work for one of the largest employers in Windsor-Essex County
• Be a part of the newest and fastest growing industry in Canada and the World
• Gain experience and be compensated with competitive wages, career development opportunities and employer paid benefits
Internal Candidates: For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office or send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
COVID Statement: COVID-19 Considerations
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. The actions we have taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Include:
o installing temperature scanning at the entrance of the facility;
o increasing the number of lunch areas;
o more hand-washing stations have been made accessible;
o cleaning regimes increased;
o all appropriate PPE is being supplied to employees;
o social distancing is being monitored;
o end time and lunch hours have been adjusted to provide less foot traffic during busy hours.
We continue to assess and adapt as we find viable solutions to keep all employees protected while they are at work.