Production Technician (Contract)
Are you looking for an exciting career in a thriving new industry? ARA-Avanti Rx Analytics (ARA), founded in 2013, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aphria Inc., one of the fastest growing and best cannabis companies in the World. ARA is a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified manufacturing and laboratory testing facility that provides contract services for the cannabis and pharmaceutical industries, including the processing of dried cannabis flowers to produce medicinal oil that meets international standards to result in pharma-grade quality products.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Production Technician will be responsible forparticipation in all production activities related to the manufacture and packaging of cannabis products under GMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs), including equipment and manufacturing room set-up, performing manufacturing steps based on written instructions, and cleaning equipment/production areas post-manufacture. Working hours are generally an 8-hour day shift (8AM-4 or 5PM), with some longer and later shifts during production periods.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Executing scheduled work & meeting production targets, including following written instructions (SOPs, batch documents, etc.), preparing production documents, and documenting results
• Cleaning, assembling, setting up, operation and maintenance of production equipment in accordance with GMPs, SOPs, and other regulatory requirements, as applicable
• Transferring hazardous/non-hazardous waste materials to collection areas for disposal, recycling, or re-use as applicable
• Participating in new production equipment set up and qualification
• Providing occasional support to facilities and shipping/receiving related functions
• Completing additional tasks as assigned by ARA management
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
• Verification of work references and validation of all credentials prior to starting work
• Legal eligibility to work in Canada at the time an offer is presented
• Able to understand verbal and written instructions, and communicate effectively in English
• Understanding and working knowledge of GMP principles, manufacturing SOPs, WHMIS and regulatory requirements
• Must be mechanically inclined
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude for cooperation, communication, respect, and flexibility when supporting team members
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Due to the nature of the business and working with controlled substances, all new employees will be required to complete a background check prior to starting work. This may include: verifying work references, validating all credentials and criminal record checks.
• It is a requirement that the selected Candidate be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer is presented.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to safely lift 20-30kg on a regular basis
• Must have good dexterity with a keen eye for precision while conducting repetitive tasks
• Must be able to comply with all applicable health and safety requirements, including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment and Respiratory Protection for extended periods of time
• Must be able to work in an enclosed and secure work area
Inclusivity and Accommodation:
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
COVID Statement: COVID-19 Considerations
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. The actions we have taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Include:o installing temperature scanning at the entrance of the facility;o more hand-washing stations have been made accessible;o cleaning regimes increased;o all appropriate PPE is being supplied to employees;o social distancing is being monitored;o
end time and lunch hours have been adjusted to provide less foot traffic during busy hours.
We continue to assess and adapt as we find viable solutions to keep all employees protected while they are erence
Contract length: 8 months
Application deadline: 2021-04-18
Expected start date: 2021-05-10