Without the strength of our accounting team, we wouldn’t be able to offer the industry-leading service we’re known for. We’re seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. This position will be responsible to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and cash management. We are a group of cannabis entrepreneurs that relocated from California to Oklahoma we have multiple entities that you will essentially work with.
THIS POSITION IS FOR TISHOMINGO OKLAHOMA SEE BOTTOM FOR DETAILS
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
• Coordinating activities of external auditors.
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process.
• Managing the budget process.
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
• Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
• Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve discrepancies, and handle damages and returns.
• HR duties including but not limited to Job postings, new hire onboarding and payroll services.
• Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Manage outsourced functions.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
• Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
• Process payroll in a timely manner.
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
• Maintain the chart of accounts.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Issue timely and complete financial statements.
• Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
• 5+ years proven accounting experience.
• Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
• Strong understanding of economic and banking processes .
We are willing to provide housing in Tishomingo. 2bd - 1 bath located less than 1 mile from the office ! (house is newly remodeled and ready)
WE WILL REQUIRE 180 DAYS OF ONSITE MONDAY - FRIDAY AND THAN REVISIT THE OPTION FOR WORKING REMOTELY
WE DO NOT OFFER BENEFITS AT THIS TIME WE ARE A STRT UP COMPANY , WE PLAN TO OFFER BENEFITS BY JANUARY OF 2023 OR SOONER
we are a fully integrated cannabis company in both the and cad markets allowing for extra sales and commission opportunities