ALCANNA is a premium retailer of wine, beer, spirits and cannabis and operates 260+ retail stores under Ace Discount Liquors, Wine and Beyond, Liquor Depot .
About The Role
We are currently looking for friendly, outgoing, and customer service-driven individuals to join our team as Sales Associates at our Ace Liquor Store in Unity Square Edmonton, AB !
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide exemplary customer service to every person who walks into our store, understand customer needs and instill a customer mindset within the store, participates in stocking and merchandising of store; ensuring store is stocked and ready to serve our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service driven, friendly, willing to talk to all customers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Greet customers when they enter the store and take customer to product when required
- Generate sales by educating, advising and suggesting products to every customer
- Maintain a high level of service and product knowledge by completing all training within required timeline
- Escort customer from store and/or offer car service when appropriate
- Complete customer transactions on the Point-of-Sale (POS) device, including payment
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all opening & closing procedures are done correctly (when applicable)
- Complete end of day till reports (when applicable)
- Ensure safe is locked at all times and deposits are secured (when applicable)
Day to Day Operations
- Perform all opening and closing procedures (when applicable)
- Stock shelves and cooler with product
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Participate in routine store maintenance and cleaning
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ensure that OHS, LP, ProServe and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Maintain First-Aid, LP and OHS Training
- Maintain ProServe Certification
- Ensure AGLC other government guidelines are met
- Adheres to all ALCANNA policies, with a focus on Social Responsibility
- Minimum, 1-year experience in retail environment (preferred, not required)
- Previous liquor-related experience considered an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ProServe Certification
- First-Aid Certificate is considered an asset
- Training in wine/beer/spirits (preferred, not required)
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for an extended period
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong sales background
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to pass a Background Check
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Why Work With Us?
At Ace Liquor we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
- With hundreds of locations throughout Alberta & British Columbia, there's a convenient location near you.
How To Apply
Please note that ALCANNA assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, ALCANNA reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you live in Downtown Edmonton, AB?
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- retail: 1 year (preferred)