The Cultivation Technician role involves working in a large cutting-edge commercial grow facility, utilizing techniques that ensure quality, efficacy, and safety, adhering to all AGMEDICA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Working under the leadership of the Grower Team Lead, perform tasks associated with cloning of cannabis plants including cutting, transplanting, and pinching. Additionally, work on the cultivation team assisting in the growing process: pruning, defoliating, and harvesting. Other duties will include cleaning and administering bio and cultural controls. Working as a cooperative member of the cultivation team.
· Always adhere to AGMEDICA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to obtain quality, efficacy and safety in all stages of the grow and cultivation process;
· Daily, follow all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations for safety during all grow and cultivation operations;
· Familiar with and follow the Cannabis Act and its regulations; follow GMP standards;
· Personal Protective Equipment must be worn; gowning and area procedures must be followed as per SOP Proper Protective Equipment and SOP Employee Health Hygiene and Dress Code Policy.
These physical demands are characteristic of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully and safely perform the necessary duties of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to:
· On occasion, lift weight up to 25kgs push and pull carts
· Use their hands and fingers, to handle scissors or trimmers. Use of manual dexterity is required
· Required to stand or sit for long periods of time, balance, walk, reach with arms and hands, bend or twist, and to stoop, kneel, crouch/squat
· Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While carrying out the responsibilities of the job, the following work environment characteristics are typical of the setting the employee will encounter:
· The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate, increases when alarms sound.
· Personal Protective Equipment needs to be worn as required
· Work at heights (scissor cart lift), under intense lighting, with strong odours, and in humidity and hot temperatures.
· This position includes potential exposure to, pollen, molds, mildew, insects, plant debris, & chemicals.
· Must be able to work with all forms of cannabis.
This Job Description is intended to express information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not intended to be a complete list of skills, abilities, duties, responsibilities or working conditions related with the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
AgMedica will provide mandatory and/or specific training to personnel holding positions that require such training or certification to be compliant and successful within their roles (i.e. GMP, JHSC, WHMIS, HCAAP, First Aid, Pesticide).
Accurately use cloning and cultivation techniques for cannabis production, and enhance quality, efficacy, and safety of commercial scale operations, observing waste and cost management.
Work well under LED and plant growing climate, heat, and humidity.
Understand how to interpret and effectively use the AGMEDICA Software Systems for complete plant tracking, logging harvest yield weights, waste destruction, and root ball counts, managing bulk inventory control, and for monitoring processing of product.
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour