Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis’ beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences. We are currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Manager on a Temporary to Permanent basis who will be integral part to our team and supporting our employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures timely and accurate preparation of payroll using Wurk and works closely with Finance to ensure that payroll actions and records conform to accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for migrating existing payrolls onto the Wurk platform
• Oversees and reviews all federal and state payroll tax reports and payments, including quarterly and year-end returns in conjunction with third party payroll vendor.
• Interprets company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll activities and makes recommendations on modification.
• Develops, implements, and refines payroll procedures, policies and work rules.
• Handles federal and state agency audits
• Conducts audits as necessary.
• Provide periodic analysis of payroll and disbursement records
• Provides and processes payroll reports required by benefit vendors (FSA, HSA, and CBP plans).
• Be an engaged part of the HR team, lending expertise and assistance with special projects and other HR initiatives outside of payroll
Employee Benefits Administration:
• Manages the benefit enrollment process, as well as the annual open enrollment process.
• Communicates to employees of their benefits eligibility. Resolves questions and problems with solutions in a timely and accurate manner to all employees.
• Oversees monthly reconciling billing, new benefits enrollments and cancellations.
• Manages workers compensation cases
• Leads the 401(k) process and complies with all statutory requirements.
• Updates insurance coverages due to changes in employee status and eligibility. Monitor’s eligibility each month by running and reviewing eligibility reports.
• Responds to requests for employment verifications
• Coordinate with benefit providers to manage disability claims according to the plan.
• Guarantees all governmental filings and mandates are performed as required.
• Interfaces routinely with the rest of the Human Resources team on employment benefit issues to ensure timely and accurate processing
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
This section is used to describe what knowledge, skills and experience required to perform the daily tasks and job duties bulleted above. Some examples are:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience processing payroll within a multi-state environment
• Must have experience processing payroll for both union and non-union employees
• Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and self-motivation.
• Knowledge of multi-state tax laws
• Knowledge of HRIS Wurk
Specific skills required to perform the daily tasks and job duties. Be specific. Some examples are:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong Excel skills
• Accounting aptitude, detail oriented, strong problem-solving ability and work ethic
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws as they relate to payroll.
• Considerable knowledge of the trends and developments in the field of payroll information systems, as well as payroll methodologies
• Ability and willingness to analyze complex payroll problems and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Payroll/Benefits: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote