Cultivation Facility, GM
Division / Department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for Maintenance Manager
- Oversee facility related cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Monitor electrical and systems of facilities to ensure functionality
- Repair equipment, along with repairs including but not limited to grow lights (LED, halogen, fluorescent, and other lighting components), fans, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Coordinating the completion of complex repairs
- Install appliances and equipment
- Review blueprints. electrical, pneumatic for maintenance and installation purposes.
- Execute work request system along with a record keeping process.
- Process and log all maintenance and repair work to include daily report on the status of repairs.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with OSHA, state and company safety regulations, conducting safety inspections to ensure all equipment is operating optimally and create a cadence for ongoing inspections.
- Aid in receiving and storing of supplies and materials across all departments
- Aids facility to break down pallets and boxes, and stages/stores all supplies to proper destination.
- Installs new equipment as needed.
- Manages facility repair requests
- Scheduling when maintenance is outside of realm of expertise, but continuously learning from contractors to eliminate the need for outside services when possible.
- Communicates with the janitorial services to ensure cleanliness and stocking of the common areas
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement. (Major repairs may include planning and coordination with external contractors or licensed tradesman.)
- Helps team complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Obtains estimates for supplies, repair parts; and order items as needed
- Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation for spare parts inventory
- Responsible for accountability of vehicles, tools, materials, and equipment when necessary and ensures that they are used safely, effectively, and efficiently
- Ensures that all facility resources are well-maintained, well-organized, and reordered promptly
- Conducts yearly review of all processes to ensure proper permitting and licensing
- Assists with the Operations Manual and SOP maintenance relating to Facilities Maintenance
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Scheduling and overseeing all maintenance-related work by managing a team of maintenance technicians and supervisors
- Ensuring the facility satisfies all industry regulations
- Managing budgets
- Developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Create and monitor equipment inventory
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Maintain fleet vehicles
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant, and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
Qualifications for Maintenance Manager
- 10+ years' experience in maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Experience with electronic preventative maintenance programs a plus
- ROLE PROFILE, KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
To perform this role successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties referenced to a high level of competency. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSc/BA in electrical/mechanical engineering, business administration, facility management or similar relevant field
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be considered an advantage
- Any Valid Operator License will be considered an advantage.
- Any OSHA certifications will be considered an advantage.
Work Experience Required
- 10+ years of industrial maintenance experience. Work in cannabis or other highly regulated industry an advantage.
- 3+ Years of managing maintenance technicians
Core Skills and Capabilities
- Leadership. Maintenance managers need to exhibit leadership capability
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Time Management.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Technical Expertise.
Job Type: Full-time