Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the umbrella of Acreage Holdings, a national leading cannabis firm, The Botanist in Sterling, MA, has an immediate need for a full-time Cultivation Technician. Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis' beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
This entry-level position offers an opportunity to learn and grow with the company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time. The Cultivation Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce clean, potent, safe medical cannabis for our patients. Excellent work environment with a full benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, holidays, and other paid leaves of absence.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment inside the cultivation and surrounding areas
• Follow all State mandated regulations pertaining to the cultivation of cannabis operations
• Develop working knowledge of all equipment within specified grow rooms including but not limited to irrigation system/components, fan operation, reading of BMS and lighting equipment.
• Proper usage, maintenance, and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, pruners, scissors, stools, gloves, rags, and personal protective equipment
• Maintain effective communication with Cultivation Manager and Cultivation Supervisor for crop needs
• Be vigilant while conducting the daily inspection of plants to identify pests / disease / deficiencies / excesses, intersex traits, male flowers, abnormal growth, and report findings to Cultivation Manager and Cultivation Supervisor.
• Responsible for the daily care of crop cultural practices from seed to clone to harvest
• Review and comply with all procedures and instructions on in-room checklists
• Maintain accurate record of cultural practices, data collection, other crop-related logs as assigned by the Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
• Learn and cross train across all cultural practices throughout each growth phase
• Implement daily feeding and care schedule as directed by Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
• Complete daily and periodic duties as assigned
• Assist in completion of secondary cultivation labor tasks at the direction of the Cultivation Supervisor/Lead
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
• Knowledge of biology and chemistry related to plant growth and nutrition
• Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
• Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges.
• Weekend availability as needed.
• Knowledge of plant tracking software, both site approved and state-mandated.
• Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to maintain accurate records of reservoirs, equipment and other crop related logs assigned by the Cultivation Manager.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs for a distance of 100ft
• Occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
• Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail
• Absolute reliability and honesty
Acreage Holdingsbelieves this is an important measure to protect the health and safety of employees, customers, clients, family members and those who visit the workplace fromCOVID-19infection.
New hires must present proof ofCOVID-19 vaccination, ifvaccinesare available and the employee is eligible, at time of hire.
This ispolicyismandatoryexcept for employees with a documented medical and/or religious reason for not receiving theCOVID-19 vaccine. The process for seeking an exemption or reasonable accommodation based on a medical and/or religious is that the employee must provide appropriate supporting documentation to the VP of Human Resources for review and final determination.
Medical Equipment Preparers
High School or Equivalent
1 to 20+ years