The Processing Technician is responsible for handling and monitoring medical cannabis plant material during the harvest, curing and packaging phases.
• Harvesting plant material
• Trimming, shucking, weighing, and packaging plant material
• Monitoring inventory during the curing phase
• Maintain accurate records and utilize inventory tracking system
• Disposing of waste, as per standard operating procedures
• Thoroughly cleaning tools, supplies, and work areas
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Broad mechanical aptitude
• Demonstrated ability to work in a physical capacity
• Communication Proficiency
• Independent thinking and initiative
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to effectively use computer-based seed-to-sale inventory software
Production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, safety is paramount. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The job is performed indoors in a traditional warehouse like setting. Exposure to heat, bright lights and organic chemicals is expected. Protective safety clothing, shoes, glasses, goggles, gloves, facemasks, or hat are required as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Employees must stand or sit for long periods and engage in the repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms. The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week position. Ability to work weekends is mandatory. Overtime is occasionally expected.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Prior experience in agricultural or manufacturing settings.
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
• Experience in clean room practices.
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP