Accounting SupervisorIndiva London, ON $40k - $98k -
**About the Company**
"INDIVA™ is the number one producer and distributer of cannabis infused edibles in Canada. Based in London, Ontario, Indiva produces only the highest quality cannabis products, presenting Canadians with options for edibles, capsules, whole flower, and pre-rolls. Indiva's portfolio of brands includes: Wana™ Gummies, Bhang® Chocolate, Artisan Batch, and Indiva."
• *RESPONSIBILITIES** Oversee all full-cycle accounting duties, including, but not limited to AR/sales, payroll, cash, and credit cards. Mentor, train, and motivate the Accounting team to deliver a high-level of performance.
- Provide ongoing support to the Accounting team in areas of problem solving, prioritizing assigned work, and advising on complex issues.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Controller and Director of Finance to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Plan for and participate in monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including the year-end audit and the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Lead the Accounting team to deliver month-end on schedule
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial summaries, operational reports and other ad hoc reports for management.
- Prepare, process and review biweekly payroll for two entities.
- Review invoice coding and banking details in support of weekly payables runs and invoice posting.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and related subledgers to ensure accurate records.
- Review and approve adjusting journal entries for accruals, prepaids, fixed asset depreciation, etc.
- Serve as the liaison between the finance team and sales/logistics to ensure timely billings, adjustments for credits, short shipments and returns as well as shipping delays on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and system of internal controls.
- Complete regulatory and other required external reporting to financial institutions, government entities and licensing partners as required within designated timelines.
- Remain current on new accounting issues/guidance to ensure compliance with IFRS and GAAP.
- Assist in the development, and oversight of the department’s performance against KPIs.
- Identify and action opportunities to improve department processes, productivity and systems, and lead project work as assigned.
- Manage/review sales and excise tax calculations and filings
- Manage and implement improvements to accounting processes and software.
- Support the completion of the annual budget process and coordinate information gathering.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Post secondary education in Accounting/ Finance working toward CPA
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting role with a minimum of 1 year as a supervisor
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to meet deadlines
- ERP (specifically D365) experience as asset
- Payroll experience
- Self-starter, with proven time-management skills
- Outstanding analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
- Supervising: 1 year (preferred